Social Media Survival Guide (Usborne Life Skills) (Paperback)
Empower your kids to stay safe online with this fun, comprehensive guide for kids aged 11+.
Packed with entertaining illustrations alongside practical information, the Social Media Survival Guide answers questions about all aspects of social media - the good AND the bad - making it a must-have tool for young people (and parents) to help navigate the online world safely and confidently and learn the best approaches to taking care of themselves.
- In-depth coverage of a range of important a difficult issues young people face including: body image, appearance-enhancing filters, influencers, sexual content and mental health
- Uses recognisable themes rather than platform specifics, making the content relevant long-term
- Tips on how to set up accounts safely and best manage privacy and messaging settings
- Addressing your persona, online reputation, and relationships
- Understanding fake news and information
- How to handle online bullying, as well as avoiding trolls
- Also includes links to professionally approved websites with more advice and support
- Expert advice from children's online charity, Childnet International
About the Author
Holly Bathie (Author)
Holly Bathie grew up in Devon, where she spent all her time reading. Until the age of seven she wanted to be an acrobat, a lollipop lady, a lawyer or a comedienne. Then she decided on the best job: creating Usborne books. She lives and works in Oxford.